2019 Costa Rica Transit 4
- Jun 22 2019 - Jun 29 2019
Working with our partner church in Costa Rica, the team will engage in projects such as construction, painting, renovations, and organization. In addition, they will spend time connecting with vulnerable families and children through games, arts, and relationship building.
Middle school students are hyper-aware of their surroundings and culture. While this natural focus helps them develop their definition of the adults they are becoming, it causes many people to accuse them of being “selfish” or “living in a bubble.” Therefore, we encourage parents to take their middle schoolers on a different type of adventure after they finish 7th grade: a mission trip. It is eye-opening for students to see people living in different cultural contexts, dealing with different sets of challenges. We believe that giving parents and students an opportunity to serve together is the most powerful way for them to grow and discover a faith of their own.
We are looking for students who are in 7th grade (during the 2018-2019 school year), who are actively involved in Transit, and who can each be accompanied by one of their parents (26 people maximum). Fluent Spanish speakers are great assets, but English-speaking staff are also available to help translate.
**Note that the cost of the trip listed is the cost PER PERSON.
Stories Tell your story
Cost: $2,650.00 due 6/8/2019
|Security Deposit (NON-REFUNDABLE)||$100.00||1/27/2019|
|50% - at time of ticketing||$1,325.00||4/24/2019|
|80% Due - 5 weeks prior to departure||$2,120.00||5/18/2019|
|100% Due - 2 week prior to departure||$2,650.00||6/8/2019|
|First Team Meeting||North Point Community Church Attic||Jan 27 2019 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM EST||Yes|
|Safety and Security Training||North Point Community Church West Auditorium - required for all team members who have not attended.||Mar 16 2019 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDT||Yes|
|Adult Team, Financial, Talent, and Medical Agreements - DUE BY THIRD TEAM MEETING||These forms are for reference only and will be sent to sign electronically. Your trip leader will go over the team member Code of Conduct at a team meeting, which will also be included with the forms that you will sign electronically.||Required|
|Minor Team, Financial, Talent, and Medical Agreements - DUE BY THIRD TEAM MEETING||This is for reference only. Forms will be sent electronically to sign.||Required|
|Parental Consent Form||We must receive the original signed/notarized copy from the non-traveling parent.||Required|
- All adults will need to submit to a Background Check
- Valid Passport - Expiration date must be 6 months after trip return date
- All team members must agree to the terms of our Team, Financial, Talent, and Medical Agreements, which can be found in the Forms section. Adults will also review the Code of Conduct with the team leader which will be included with the electronic forms that will be signed
- All students must be involved in Transit
- All students must be in 7th grade during the 2018-2019 school year
- Team is made up of student/parent pairs. One parent per student is eligible to participate