2019 Uganda Family
- May 28 2019 - Jun 6 2019
Team members will spend a week in a Ugandan village serving Champions United FC. Champions United is building the next generation of Ugandan leaders by leveraging sports as a tool to connect capable mentors with children. Champions United's greatest impact occurs as a coach and player build a long term, mentoring relationship. You have the opportunity to help our coaches by joining forces and investing in our children. Over the course of the week, you will facilitate a high-energy, 2-day UpStreet-style camp for kids, utilize a fun and interactive hygiene curriculum in local schools, and engage with local families as you visit them in their huts and homes. On this highly relational trip, you will be inspired by a team of coaches that mentor children by investing their lives, and you'll have a blast with some of the greatest people you'll ever meet.
We need families to fill a team of 26 people to serve our partner. Family trips are designed for two or more family members to travel together. This is not an athletic sports camp, thus sport skills are not required. Having fun is! Minimum age for children is 10.
**Note that the cost of the trip listed is the cost PER PERSON.
Stories Tell your story
Cost: $3,500.00 due 5/14/2019
|Security Deposit - by first team meeting (NON-REFUNDABLE)||$100.00|
|50% - at time of ticketing||$1,750.00||3/29/2019|
|80% - 5 weeks prior to departure||$2,800.00||4/23/2019|
|100% - 2 weeks prior to departure||$3,500.00||5/14/2019|
|Safety and Security Training||In an effort to provide you and your team with best practices for international travel, we host this training. Required for team members who have not attended.||North Point Community Church West Auditorium - required for team members who have not attended.||Mar 16 2019 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDT||Yes|
|Adult Team, Financial, Talent, and Medical Agreements - DUE BY THIRD TEAM MEETING||These forms are for reference only and will be sent to sign electronically. Your trip leader will go over the team member Code of Conduct at a team meeting, which will also be included with the forms that you will sign electronically.||Required|
|Minor Team, Financial, Talent, and Medical Agreements - DUE BY THIRD TEAM MEETING||These forms are for reference only and will be sent to sign electronically.||Required|
|Parental Consent Form - DUE BY THIRD TEAM MEETING||Must be signed by non-traveling parent/guardian (if applicable). You must submit the original signed/notarized copy.||Required|
- All adults will need to submit to a Background Check
- Valid Passport - Expiration date must be 6 months after trip return date
- A yellow fever vaccination is required for entry into Uganda. Team members assume the financial responsibility for any vaccines received and will not be reimbursed.
- All team members must agree to the terms of our Team, Financial, Talent, and Medical Agreements, which can be found in the Forms section. Adults will also review the Code of Conduct with the team leader which will be included with the electronic forms that will be signed.
- Must be at least 10 years old
- This trip is designed for two or more family members to travel together