2018 Uganda Sixty Feet Staff and Government Engagement
- Nov 2 2018 - Nov 11 2018
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. It’s an overused expression but it’s true. This engagement trip focuses on strategic development of the Sixty Feet Team on the ground. The Sixty Feet Team will cross paths with almost 2000 children and teens in a given year. By focusing direct ministry on them, you leverage your ministry efforts
Who we need:
1. Christian counselor with a few years of experience, to help trained Ugandan counselors and social workers on best practices and techniques. It would also be an opportunity for them to discuss specific cases and learn good practices of record and note keeping.
2. Those with soft skills training those seeking employment.
3. People who can teach basic computer skills such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a program or curriculum of training you can leave behind with us, our team could benefit greatly from these simple things.
4. Those with several years experience teaching in a classroom, we have primary school teachers who could benefit from your experience, teaching tips, and lesson planning.
Stories Tell your story
Cost: $3,000.00 due 10/26/2018
|Security Deposit - by first team meeting (NON-REFUNDABLE)||$100.00|
|50% Due - 9 weeks prior to departure||$1,500.00||9/14/2018|
|80% Due - 5 weeks prior to departure||$2,400.00||10/12/2018|
|100% Due - 3 week prior to departure||$3,000.00||10/26/2018|
|Team Meeting||Intro to Sixty Feet!||North Point Community Church, room M104||Jun 10 2018 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM EDT||Yes|
|Team Meeting 2||Start Strategizing and Building a Team||North Point Community Church, room M103||Jul 22 2018 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM EDT||Yes|
|Safety and Security Training||The Zone in the UpStreet Hall at NPCC (and then in M104 for a quick lunch at noon)||Aug 25 2018 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDT||Yes|
|Team Meeting 3||Planning for trip and compiling lists of options for John Houchens to use to create our itinerary. Section 1 of The Obstacle is the Way (AB take visa photos!)||North Point Community Church, M103 (located on the main entry hall, coming in from the Atrium, it's on the left past Waumba Land)||Sep 9 2018 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM EDT||Yes|
|Team Meeting 4||Planning for Trip, Section 2 of The Obstacle is the Way||North Point Community Church, M103 (located on the main entry hall, coming in from the Atrium, it's on the left past Waumba Land)||Sep 23 2018 10:00 AM - 11:30 PM EDT||Yes|
|Team Meeting 5||Team Planning, Section 3 of The Obstacle is the Way||North Point Community Church, M103 (located on the main entry hall, coming in from the Atrium, it's on the left past Waumba Land)||Oct 7 2018 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM EDT||Yes|
|Team Meeting 6||Team Planning, Packing Party!||Oct 21 2018 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM EDT||Yes|
|Adult Team, Financial, Talent, and Medical Agreements||These forms are for reference only and will be sent to sign electronically. Your trip leader will go over the team member Code of Conduct at a team meeting, which will also be included with the forms that you will sign electronically.||Required|
- All adults will need to submit to a Background Check
- Valid Passport - Expiration date must be 6 months after trip return date
- All team members must agree to the terms of our Team, Financial, Talent, and Medical Agreements, which can be found in the Forms section. Adults will also review the Code of Conduct with the team leader which will be included with the electronic forms that will be signed.
- A yellow fever vaccination is required for entry into Uganda. Team members assume the financial responsibility for any vaccines received and will not be reimbursed.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- This trip is designed for two or more family members to travel together