2018 Uganda Lifewater 2
- Sep 20 2018 - Sep 29 2018
When people are healthy, children do not miss school, parents are able to work, moms do not have to walk long distances to access water, and lives are not lost because of waterborne diseases. It is staggering to think that every 60 seconds, a child under the age of five dies from a preventable waterborne disease. On Lifewater trips, global(x) teams will focus on developing leaders that will develop their communities. Teams will visit a community where Lifewater serves in order to understand the context of their work, then help facilitate 4–5 day leadership training.
An ideal team member would have the heart of a teacher, be good at facilitating conversations, be extremely flexible, be physically able to travel long distances, and be willing to serve in the developing world (accommodations may be very simple).
REQUIRED: those interested must have served on at least one previous global(x) trip.
Stories Tell your story
Cost: $3,050.00 due 8/30/2018
|Deposit - required by first meeting||$100.00|
|50% deadline - due 9 weeks before trip departure date||$1,525.00||7/19/2018|
|80% deadline - due 5 weeks before trip departure date||$2,440.00||8/16/2018|
|100% deadline - due 3 weeks before trip departure date||$3,050.00||8/30/2018|
|Adult Team, Financial, Talent, and Medical Agreements||These forms are for reference only. The forms will be sent electronically to be signed.||Required|
- Adults must have a cleared background check on file.
- Team members must complete paperwork to include a team covenant, team agreement, financial/medical/talent release, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must attend the Lifewater training on June 15 (5-9pm) and June 16 (8-4:30pm).
- Must have served on at least one previous global(x) trip.