2018 Uganda CUFC Family
Team members will spend a week in the Ugandan village of Kavule, serving Champions United FC. Champions United is building the next generation of Ugandan leaders by leveraging sports as a tool to connect capable mentors with children. Champions United's greatest impact occurs as a coach and player build a long term, mentoring relationship. You have the opportunity to help our coaches by joining forces and investing in our children. Over the course of the week, you will facilitate a high-energy, 2-day UpStreet-style camp for kids, utilize a fun and interactive hygiene curriculum in local schools, and engage with local families as you visit them in their huts and homes. On this highly relational trip, you will be inspired by a team of coaches that mentor children by investing their lives, and you'll have a blast with some of the greatest people you'll ever meet.
We need families to fill a team of 24 people to serve our partner. This is not an athletic sports camp, thus sport skills are not required. Having fun is! Minimum age for children is 10.
|$100.00||Security Deposit - by first team meeting (NON-REFUNDABLE)|
|$1,750.00||50% Due - 9 weeks prior to departure Due 3/27/2018|
|$2,800.00||80% Due - 5 weeks prior to departure Due 4/24/2018|
|$3,500.00||100% Due - 3 week prior to departure Due 5/8/2018|
Team Meetings Required
Mar 17 2018
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDT
Safety and Security Training Required
Apr 22 2018
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT
Team Meeting Required
May 4 2018
5:30 PM - 9:00 PM EDT
Team Meeting BBQ Required
Plan to share stories at this meeting
May 20 2018
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM EDT
Team Meeting Required
2nd to last meeting
May 28 2018
3:00 AM - 6:00 AM EDT
Final Team Meeting BBQ Required
All family members invited
Adult Team, Financial, Talent, and Medical Agreements Required
These forms are for reference only and will be sent to sign electronically. Your trip leader will go over the team member Code of Conduct at a team meeting, which will also be included with the forms that you will sign electronically.
Minor Team, Financial, Talent, and Medical Agreements Required
These documents are for reference only and will be sent electronically to be signed.
Parental Consent Form Required
This form must be notarized. We must receive the original, signed/notarized copy.
- All adults will need to submit to a Background Check
- Valid Passport - Expiration date must be 6 months after trip return date
- Once selected and approved - you will need to sign Team Covenant/Agreement and Releases
- A yellow fever vaccination is required for entry into Uganda. Team members assume the financial responsibility for any vaccines received and will not be reimbursed.
- All team members must agree to the terms of our Team, Financial, Talent, and Medical Agreements, which can be found in the Forms section. Adults will also review the Code of Conduct with the team leader which will be included with the electronic forms that will be signed.
- Must be at least 10
- This trip is designed for two or more family members to travel together