2018 Costa Rica Transit 1
Working with our partner church in Costa Rica, the team will engage in projects such as construction, painting, renovations, and organization. In addition, they will spend time connecting with vulnerable families and children through games, arts, and relationship building.
We are looking for students who are in 7th grade (during the 2017-2018 school year), who are actively involved in Transit, and who can each be accompanied by one of their parents (30 people maximum). Spanish speakers are great assets, but English-speaking staff are also available to help translate.
|$100.00||Security Deposit - by first team meeting (NON-REFUNDABLE)|
|$1,287.50||50% Due - 9 weeks prior to departure Due 3/31/2018|
|$2,060.00||80% Due - 5 weeks prior to departure Due 4/28/2018|
|$2,575.00||100% Due - 3 week prior to departure Due 5/12/2018|
Feb 11 2018
1:30 PM - 3:00 PM EST
Kick Off Meeting Required
To continue to grow our team and prepare for what the trip
Mar 17 2018
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDT
Security Training Required
Mar 17 2018
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM EDT
Costa Rica 1 Transit Team Meeting Required
Team meeting to check-in and see how fund raising is going. We are also going to plan an outing for a "team building" event.
Apr 21 2018
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM EDT
Team Building Day! Required
May 20 2018
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
Final Meeting/Packing Day Required
Adult Team, Financial, Talent, and Medical Agreements Required
These forms are for reference only and will be sent to sign electronically. Your trip leader will go over the team member Code of Conduct at a team meeting, which will also be included with the forms that you will sign electronically.
Minor Team, Financial, Talent, and Medical Agreements Required
This is for reference only. Forms will be sent electronically to sign.
Parental Consent Form Required
We must receive the original signed/notarized copy.
- All adults will need to submit to a Background Check
- Valid Passport - Expiration date must be 6 months after trip return date
- All team members must agree to the terms of our Team, Financial, Talent, and Medical Agreements, which can be found in the Forms section. Adults will also review the Code of Conduct with the team leader which will be included with the electronic forms that will be signed.
- All students must be involved in Transit
- All students must be in 7th grade during the 2017-2018 school year
- Team is made up of student/parent pairs. One parent per student is eligible to participate