2022 Guatemala - Gwinnett and Hamilton Mill InsideOut
About the Journey
Through our partnership with 410 Bridge, this InsideOut student team will head to Guatemala. Among the beautiful landscapes, volcanoes, lush rainforests, and ancient Mayan ruins, the majority of Guatemalans live in poverty, and the country suffers from one of the highest income inequality rates in the world.
As part of the team, you’ll work in a high-altitude coffee farming area and learn about coffee cherry farming, which is vital to the local livelihood. Many children skip school during harvest season, so you’ll have the opportunity to see families working together, each doing their share to support one another.
You’ll also help with a day of Vacation Bible School, play games and sports with the Guatemalan families, help with small construction projects, and visit homes in the community. You might also have the chance to participate in a coffee-brewing ceremony. Before you head home, you’ll likely do some local shopping and sightseeing.
Working alongside the Guatemalan people at a locally run coffee farm is a unique experience. The work you do will certainly help the community, but so will the genuine relational bonding you’ll experience as you learn about everyday life in Guatemala. Get ready for an impactful, purposeful, and fun week!
Students, if you are under the age of 18 and will be at the time of travel, you will need a parent present to help you complete the Releases portion of the application.
global(x) is a department of North Point Ministries, and provides meaningful journeys for teams to serve at-risk people in communities around the world. We want to help you combine your faith and service so you can help make life better for those in need, grow your faith, and make a difference in the world.
|$810.00||30% - at flight confirmation Due 3/26/2022|
|$1,350.00||50% - at flight ticketing Due 5/7/2022|
|$2,160.00||80% Due 5/28/2022|
|$2,700.00||100% Due 6/18/2022|
- Valid Passport - Expiration date must be 6 months after trip return date.
- Students should be involved in InsideOut at Gwinnett or Hamilton Mill.
- All team members must adhere to the global(x) COVID-19 protocols which can be found on our website: https://www.globalx.org/covid19-protocols
- All adults will need to submit to a Background Check.
- Team members who are 12 years and older and who are traveling internationally must provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19 OR proof of COVID-19 antibodies by the journey’s 50% fundraising milestone. Those who are unable to provide proof by this date will not be permitted to travel.