2022 Costa Rica - Browns Bridge Transit
About the Journey
*Students will need a parent present to help complete the Releases portion of the application. A SEPARATE application is required for BOTH parent/guardian and student.
Through our partnership with Openhouse, this team of Transit students and parents will head to Costa Rica. The Central American country is known for its biodiversity, beautiful beaches, volcanoes, and hot springs. In many aspects, Costa Rica is a success story in terms of development. It is considered an upper-middle-income country, and its steady economic growth has helped it report the lowest poverty rates in Latin America. Still, there are areas of the country where families live in extreme poverty and have little opportunity, especially in the city of Pavas.
This team will be working on school and community improvement projects like painting, renovation, planting, cleaning, and organizing. You’ll have the opportunity to spend time with the school children and their teachers as you and your team lead fun activities like arts and crafts, sing-a-longs, and interactive games.
Seeing the struggles and sharing the love of Jesus with the Costa Rican people is an eye-opening and humbling experience and one that you won’t soon forget. If you’re excited to engage with children, this team will be sharing a week of hope, encouragement, and fun!
Price listed is person. Please only apply for ONE student journey at a time.
global(x) is a part of North Point Ministries. Global(x) provides meaningful journeys for teams to serve at-risk people in communities around the world. We want to help combine faith and service to help make life better for those in need.
|$750.00||30% - at flight confirmation Due 4/9/2022|
|$1,250.00||50% - at flight ticketing Due 5/21/2022|
|$2,000.00||80% Due 6/11/2022|
|$2,500.00||100% Due 7/2/2022|
- Tasks will be assigned if approved. Task completion is REQUIRED for travel.
- Valid Passport - Expiration date must be 6 months after trip return date.
- Students should be in 7th grade (2021-2022 school year) and involved in Transit at Browns Bridge Church.
- All team members must adhere to the global(x) COVID-19 protocols which can be found on our website: https://www.globalx.org/covid19-protocols
- All adults will need to submit to a Background Check.
- Team is made up of student/parent pairs. One parent per student is eligible to participate.
- If your church is NOT offering a Transit journey, you may apply for one available with another church, or apply for a family journey.
- Team members who are 12 years and older and who are traveling internationally must provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19 (a positive antibody test will not be accepted) by the journey’s 50% fundraising milestone. Those who are unable to provide proof by this date will not be permitted to travel.
- Preference will be given to those who attend the listed campus. It is possible if a trip doesn't fill we would open the journey to those who apply from other churches.